Thanks for your interest in Converse and Cook. We’re excited to work with you to bring engaging content to your membership and beyond. Like many of you, we’re 100% volunteer-run, so we know the importance of partnering to increase capacity.
We’ve detailed ways we can work with you below. Please note that this is to give you ideas. We’re certainly open to exploring other options. We want to ensure that whatever we do, we are fulfilling our mandate of creating social spaces using food while also meeting whatever needs your Community Leagues have.
Who’s on Our Team?
Our volunteers have diverse skill sets and identities. We’ve listed some of them below so you get a sense of the breadth and diversity of programming opportunities we can offer:
Other opportunities we can offer to Community Leagues
Generally, we bring the content, groceries, appliances/equipment, and volunteers. We’ll handle registration, set-up, take-down and all the cleaning in the middle. Our programming is created to foster community building among participants. If your League has a new board or is looking for new ways to animate your spaces or reach out to underrepresented pockets in your community, our programming may be an option for you. There are two streams of our programming that we’ve highlighted below. Each stream also includes additional asks of what we would need of the Community League to run out programs out of your amenities.
- We ask for at least 6 weeks’ notice prior to the date of when you’re hoping for a workshop or social. Our mandate is to make programs as accessible as possible. We usually offer workshops and socials by donation and always hold free seats for those for whom cost is a barrier. For Leagues, we can do workshops for their members for free and charge non-League Members a fee to attend (which might provide some incentive to join your League!).
- Virtual Programming (currently accepting bookings for January 2023 and beyond)– we can do a host of fun workshops and activities centred around food for your members. Examples include a pizza-making workshop and a Food Styling and Food Photography Workshop.
- What we need from Leagues: Promotion of the event.
- In-Person Programming (booking for January 2023 and beyond)
- Cooking Socials: A relationship-building take on cooking classes. These 2-3 hour socials are run for groups of 16-20 participants. During this time we break participants into small groups to prepare and cook a meal together. At the end of the night, we all eat together.
- Throughout the social, we facilitate conversation and ensure everyone is learning and having fun.
- What we would need from Community Leagues to run this program:
If our programs sound like a good fit for your League, please get in touch. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below. We’ll aim to get back to you within 5 business days. Thanks for your interest. We can’t wait to meet you and work with you to build community in your neighbourhoods.