We’ve been in operation for over 3 years, so we’ve got our mobile kitchen down to a tea (we even own a cart). We’re always looking to support new communities. Whether you’re another non-profit or community-based organization looking to build community with the clients you serve or just a community member looking to bring your neighbours together, we’d love to support where we can.
If you are part of a Community League please see here for more details specific to Leagues.
Who’s on Our Team?
Our volunteers have diverse skill sets and identities. We’ve listed some of them below so you get a sense of the breadth and diversity of programming opportunities we can offer:
What programs can we offer
Any of our programs listed here we can run for you and your community. We are holding off on booking in-person cooking socials until October 2021 at the earliest (pending COVID-19 restrictions in Alberta). However, feel free to contact us if you’d like us to run something in-person in 2022.
In terms of virtual programs, we need at least at 6 weeks notice. We also ask that you support us in the promotion of the event to your members. What we need from you: Promotion of the event.
In terms of in-person programming what we would need from you is:
- Indoor space (we can work in spaces with and without a kitchen! In fact, we’ve hosted several socials in classrooms). As we are a small non-profit with under $3000 annual operating budget, we cannot afford rent.
- Access to a bathroom with warm water a soap
- Access to a sink of some kind
- * We can also move our socials outdoors in the summer months
- Promotion of the cooking social to your community members
- *We’re more than happy for your organization to join in as well and talk about the great work you do. (we ask that your staff and volunteers also come and cook with us- trust us, you’ll have better uptake this way)!
- We can also bring in other organizations like Fresh Routes or WeCan to talk about the services they can provide to your clients.
- Insurance: currently, all participants and volunteers sign liability forms. We do not have any formal insurance as our programs are deemed low risk and we have historically been covered by the insurance in the spaces we facilitate socials. If your organization is concerned about this we are happy to talk to your insurance provider. to get more details.
Everything else from utensils, groceries, set-up, take-down and volunteers is on us!
If our programs sound like a good fit for your community or organizations please get in touch. You can email us at email@example.com or use the form below. We’ll aim to get back to you within 5 business days. Thanks for your interest, we can’t wait to meet you and work with you to build community in your neighbourhoods.