15 Minute Chickpea Curry
If you created this recipie or have some feedback let us know in the comments below 🙂
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups canned chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 2 teaspoon garam masala + more to taste
- 2 teaspoon ginger powder + more to taste
- 3 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot with olive oil over medium to high heat, add the chickpeas, salt, garam masala, and ginger powder. Give it a quick mix and let it cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir to prevent it from burning.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the tomato purée and coconut milk.
- Stir and let it cook for about 5 minutes until hot. This is the point where you can adjust the curry to your taste by adding more coconut milk, salt, spices etc.
- Once the curry is hot and creamy, transfer it to a bowl, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with rice.
Appliances/utensils needed: Stove top, Large pot, Measuring cups/spoons, Wooden spoon, Can opener, Serving bowl, Ladle, Knife and cutting board
Recipe adapted for Converse and Cook by Berna Bayram