Let us know in the comments if you tried this recipe or have any feedback for us 🙂
Zucchini Cake Recipe
A easy to make chocolate cake recipe that is great at pot lucks (since there's no butter or eggs) and can easily be made vegan.
20 people if baking in 9” by 13” pan
Puree means a smooth, creamy substance made of liquidized or crushed fruit or vegetables.
Video on peeling and pureeing zuchini: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3YA3EcttjA .
Parchment paper, butter/cake release,
Cake pan, wooden spoon, toothpicks,
2 big bowls,
Cutting board, knife and peeler,
Measuring cups and spoons,
Blender or food processor,
Oven, oven mitts, hot pad .
Recipe by: Juanita Gnanapragasam
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup raw sugar (brown cane sugar)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 zucchini
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of (vegan or regular) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spray baking pan with cake release or line cake pan with parchment paper and rub butter onto both sides of the parchment paper so cake doesn’t stick.
- In a large bowl, stir the dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt).
- In a separate bowl peel zucchini and cut into small cubes.
- Then place it in a food processor/blender/hand blender and puree it as much as you can.
- Add in the oil and vanilla extract and puree until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until a thick batter forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on hot pad for at least 15 minutes before cutting or flipping cake onto a cake cooling rack.
© 2022 This recipe was downloaded from www.conversecook.com and was created by one of our volunteers.