Converse and Cook is pleased to present Nutrition 101: Busting Food Myths!
This is an informative and interactive panel featuring Registered Dietitians who will be diving into common myths and misconceptions around food. We will also be featuring a Registered Psychologist who will discuss the intricacies of social media, diet culture, and body image as it relates to food myths and mental health.
Here are some of the topics we’ll be covering in this interactive panel:
- Is breakfast the most important meal of the day?
- Fresh vs frozen food – is one better or healthier than the other?
- Skim, 1%, whole, almond, soy, rice or oat. Which milk is best for you?
- Diets: Keto, Intermittent Fasting, Paleo, others? Which one is best for weight loss, or preventing chronic diseases?
- Is the body positivity movement healthy? Is there a time when body positivity may be unhealthy?
Our fantastic panelists will be answering some of your food myth questions in a Q & A portion of the panel.
Zoom link to the panel will be emailed out to attendees the day prior to the event.
Who is Converse and Cook?
Converse and Cook (https://conversecook.com/) is a non-profit organization located in Edmonton whose mission is to build social spaces where individuals are empowered to explore their connection to food and their community by creating meals, dining together and supporting food literacy.
This event was put together by University of Alberta students in the Dental Hygiene program as part of a Community Service Learning component for class D HYG 470.